Shortcodes Pro allows quick and easy creation of WordPress shortcodes and TinyMCE rich editor buttons from the comfort of the WordPress interface.
- Create infinite custom shortcodes from inside WordPress.
- Add seamless TinyMCE buttons and Quicktags easily.
- Sort buttons quickly and split them with separators to create groups.
- Accept shortcode variables with automatically generated overlay windows.
- Process the shortcodes with HTML or PHP .
- Supports import/export of all created shortcodes.
- Allows to hide the Shortcodes menu for a less cluttered interface.
- Built onto the WordPress API .
- Well Documented.
- YouTube iframe with Shortcodes Pro view.
- Easy Members Only with Shortcodes Pro view.
- Creating a simple Highlighter shortcode in WordPress view.
- Showcase of nesting shortcodes on Shortcodes Pro 1.0.8 view.
Trigger a shortcode created outside Shortcodes Pro:
Shortcodes Pro works with shortcodes created trough it’s UI, however there are ways to work around this as you can do advanced things using PHP to process the shortcode. When selecting PHP all the attributes are available in the
$atts array and the content/selection in the
Here is a simple example ( using PHP ):
$content = do_shortcode($content); // process shortcodes return $content;
What can you do with this plugin?
With Shortcodes Pro you can create and manage new WordPress shortcodes and TinyMCE rich editor buttons from the comfort of the WordPress interface.
What types of Shortcodes and TinyMCE Buttons?
Shortcodes Pro lets you create any type of shortcode easily. You can take their functionality even further with custom shortcode attributes.
What can you do with attributes?
Similar to built in TinyMCE buttons, you can ask input for different values. If the TinyMCE button is enabled it will automatically generate an overlay window to ask for this information.
Does it come with predefined shortcodes and/or buttons?
No, but some examples are provided above on the screencasts.
Does it import shortcodes defined by your theme/script?
No, Shortcodes Pro only works with shortcodes/buttons created trough it’s UI.
What does the import / export feature actually do?
The import / export feature allows you to migrate and backup all the shortcodes/TinyMCE buttons created with Shortcodes Pro, this way you can easily move them from one site to another.
Can you include it from within your theme files and sell it?
We believe it is against best practices. read more
Is there any recommended set of royalty free icons to use?
What are the minimum requirements?
PHP version 5.2+ and MySQL version 5+. WordPress version 3.2+ required.
Under what license are the plugin files licensed?
The plugin is licensed under the GPLv2 license.